Wednesday, September 24, 2008

That's Not My Name - Who Did It Better?


"That's Not My Name" by The Ting Tings has been a guilty pleasure of mine for the last few weeks. It's up beat in an off beat way, and it builds to more than it begins with. 

The rest of their album, "We Started Nothing," is ripe with a few good songs. "Shut Up And Let Me Go" is a great song, and I believe it also provides the soundtrack to one of those ultra hip ipod commercials.  "Great DJ" is another good song, but nothing has stuck in my head like "That's Not My Name." It's clearly the gem.

I was looking for a place to download it for free so that I could share it, and stumbled across a cover by Dizzee Rascal, a crazy British rapper who I love. I think I like the original better for it's almost cheerleader like spirit. What do you think?

No comments: