Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I Am Gonna Do It - I Swear! (PREPARE FOR.... THE LIST)

Ok while I am weighing the pros and cons of squishing all my blogs together into one gooey blob of blogginess, I thought I would state as point of fact that I am going to make a "Nina's Best Albums of 2008" list this year, and I want to make it a yearly thing.

This year I am tried to immerse myself in as much new music as possible, and I really want to shed light on some of the lessor known really great bands out there. The criteria for my list is going to be part objective and part brutally subjective. I will take into account popularity, overall appeal, originality, and production value to a point, but really it's going to come down to whether or not an album rocked my world or not. Or popped my world, or rapped it, I try not to discriminate. Good is good.

So I have a lot of work to do, and maybe I will end up with one master list, maybe I'll end up making sub categories or some overly nerdy thing like that, but I will enjoy in greatly either way. 

No comments: